From Health Facts
(Redirected from Essential oils)
Latest Edit: Iva 2012-08-03 (EDT)
Essential Oils are made by steam distilling, by pressing, or sometimes with solvents. Only those herbs that have volatile oils are suited for essential oils.
Common Essential Oils
- The aroma associated with essential oils has tremendous healing benefits.
- Essential Oils can be incorporated into herbal lotions, creams or salves.
- Benefical in a vaporizer or herbal steam
- Because essential oils are so concentrated they have to be used with caution and are seldom meant to be used directly on the skin or to taken internally.
- It takes significant quantities of an herb to produce a small vial of essential oils. One drop of an essential oil typically equals an entire cup of tea.
- Check out further information on botanical medicine and therapeutic forms of herbs.