|See Also||Homeopathic Monographs|
- Plant: Euphrasia officinalis, also known as Eyebright
- Short Form: Euphr
- Allergies with bland nasal discharge and profuse, acrid, discharge from the eyes, burning irritated eyes with intense blinking.
- Conjunctivitis or Iritis with profuse, acrid discharge from the eyes and hot irritating tears, leave a "varnish" trail on the cheeks. Eyes are bloodshot. Red, burning, itching lids. Photophobia, twitching of lids. Sticky eye gum, acrid yellow discharge. Like a hair irritating the eyes. Non-acrid nasal discharge.
Other common conditions: Colds and Flu, Measles
- Triggers: Eye infection or reaction after injury, cold or flu, measles
- General: eye discharge is acrid and burning, nasal discharge is bland
- Worse: evening, sunlight, scratching, south wind
- Better: open air, dark, coffee
- Psychological: irritable
- Other symptoms: frequent blinking of the eyes; headache from nasal congestion, with profuse discharge from eyes and nose
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms due to resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Euphrasia include:
- Antidotes: Camphor, Pulsatilla
- Compare: Hydrophyllum - Burr-flower - (catarrhal inflammation of eyes, hot lachrymation with itching, swollen lids, dull headache, also for effects of poison oak), Allium cepa, Arsenicum album, Gelsemium, Kali hyd, Sabadilla
- Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing.
- Hershoff Asa (2000) Homeopathic Remedies, A Quick and Easy Guide to Common Disorders and their Homeopathic Treatments, Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth (1997) Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing.
- Boericke W (1997) Pocket Manual of Hemoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies, B. Jain Publishers, India.