|See Also||Homeopathic Monographs|
- Plant: Rumex crispus, also know as Yellow Dock
- Short Form: Rumx
- Cough with a tickling in the pit of the throat and behind the sternum. Cough barely relieves tickle. Long episodes of dry, teasing, hacking, fatiguing cough. Little expectoration. Tenacious mucous. Cough on going from warm room to cool air. Cough prevents sleep.
Other common conditions:
- Triggers: uncovering and undressing, change in temperature, lying in bed (as soon as head touches the pillow), inhaling cold air causes a tickle
- General: cough
- Worse: in the morning or at 11:00 P.M., cold or open air, uncovering, morning upon awakening, touch or pressure on the throat, talking or laughing
- Better: covering the mouth, drinking or sucking on a lozenge (don't use mentholated lozenges), wrapping up
- Psychological: spirits are low, serious, indifferent to surroundings
- Other symptoms: marked itching upon uncovering or undressing
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms do not resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Rumex include:
- Compare: Causticum, Sulphur, Belladonna, Rumex acetosa - Sheep Sorrel - (dry, unremitting short cough, and violent pains in the bowels, uvula elongated, inflammation of esophagus, also cancer), Rumex obtusifolius - Lapathum - Broad-leaf Dock - (nosebleed and headache following, pain in kidneys, leucorrhea)
- Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing.
- Hershoff Asa (1999) Homeopathic Remedies: a quick and easy guide to common disorders and their homeopathic treatments Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth (1997) Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing.
- Boericke W (1997) Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies, B. Jain Publishers, India.