This is known to be a great anti-spasmodic remedy. It is also one of the classical remedies for neuralgia.
- Mineral: Magnesium hydrogen phosphate
- Other names: Phosphate of Magnesia
- Short Form: Mag-p
- Headache as if contents were liquid, as if parts of brain were changing places, as of a cap on head. Dull headache; as if brain were too heavy.
- Facial neuralgia, right-sided, better with heat and pressure
- Dysmenorrhea better with warmth and pressure
- Extremities Writer's cramp, cramps especially of the hands and fingers
Other common conditions: Abdominal colic, Sciatica, Toothache
- As a tissue salt, Magnesia phosphoricum is used for sharp and shooting pain such as: neuralgia, nervous spasms, muscular cramps, and menstrual pain. It can be used for arthritis and rheumatism, and is effective in relieving pain in sciatica. It is also commonly used in cases of whooping cough, asthma, chronic bronchitis, writer's cramps, colics, stomach cramps, hiccups,vomiting, twitching, chorea, and headaches.
- Magnesia phosphoricum is Tissue salt #7
- Triggers: Dentition, cold winds, cold bathing, standing in cold water, working with cold clay. Study. Catheterism.
- General: Right-sided complaints, amelioration from heat and pressure
- Worse: Cold; air; drafts; uncovering; water. Lying on right side. Touch, periodical, night, milk, exhaustion
- Better: Warmth, hot bathing, pressure, bending double, rubbing, standing up
- Psychological: Irritability, on edge, oversensitive
- Other symptoms: Violent neuralgias, sudden, twitching, cramping pain
- Food and drink: Thirst for very cold drinks, toothache that is better with hot drinks, coffee seems tasteless, craves sugar, persistent vomiting; immediately after eating
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms do not resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Aconite include:
- Hershoff Asa 1999 Homeopathic Remedies: a quick and easy guide to common disorders and their homeopathic treatments Avery Publishing Group, New York
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth 1997 Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing
- Boericke W. 1997 Pocket Manual of Hemoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies. B. Jain Publishers, India.