Gemmotherapy Populus nigra (Black poplar)
Populus nigra or Black poplar, is a tree with slender branches and an irregular silhouette. It is found at the water's edge and grows extremely fast. It's leaves are usually green until autumn and eventually turn yellow to reddish gold. Flowers appear before the leaves, and its pointed buds are covered with leathery waxy scales. It's bark is very dark (nigra), and thickens and cracks with age. This tree can live up to 150 to 200 years.
- Main site of action is the circulatory system
- Diminished blood coaguability
- Antisclerotic properties on arteries
- Regulates sympathetic nervous system
- Chelator of toxins from the body. Detoxifies heavy metals
- Circulatory system: acts in Arteritis
- ENT: Tracheitis, bronchitis
- Musculoskeletal: used in gouty states with Rheumatic syndrome
- Ledoux Frank and Gueniot Gerard (2012) Phytembryotherapy: The Embryo of Gemmotherapy, Editions Amyris, Spain.
- Dr. Reckeweg (2012) Product Catalog, Bio Lonreco. Quebec.