|See Also||Homeopathic Monographs|
Homeopathic Staphysagria is commonly used for illnesses that are due to suppression, especially the suppression of emotional trauma and abuse.
- Plant: Delphinium staphysagria, also known as Delphinium
- Short Form: Staph
- Bladder Infection particularly after sexual intercourse. Urging, pressure, but difficult to urinate; urine in thin stream or by drops. Feels like a drop of urine is rolling along the urethra, worse walking or riding. Better urinating. Burning during urination, urging and pain afterward.
- Psoriasis after grief or suppression of anger or other emotion
- Injury and wounds from sharp instruments - cuts, surgery, dental work, compound fracture (sharp bone). Over stretching of tissue (childbirth). Injuries to the jaw, abdomen, genitals, groin area. Stitching pain, soreness. Sense of humiliation, vulnerability.
- Teething with sharp, stabbing pains. Gums pale, white, and very tender, swollen, bleeding, burning, and weak. Early decay of new teeth, turn black. Child sensitive mentally and physically, winces and shrinks from every wry look or harsh word. Screams in pain. Pot-bellied, urging to stool.
- Triggers: suppressed emotions, repressed anger, being insulted or humiliated over many years
- General: ailments from suppression or grief, anger or humiliation
- Worse: afternoon nap, too much sex, masturbation
- Better: expressing emotions especially anger, warmth, rest
- Psychological: mild and sweet personality that draw out the sympathy of others, wants to please and is sensitive to what others say, blames him/herself, low self-esteem and difficulty standing up for them self, trembling from anger or may throw thing when angry, hypochondriacal
- Other symptoms: styes, sleepy during the day yet sleepless at night
- Food and drink: desire for sweets and milk, aversion to fat
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms due to resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Staphysagria include:
- Inimical: Ranunculus bulbosus
- Complementary: Causticum, Colocynthis
- Compare: Ferrum pyrophos. (tarsal cysts), Colocynthis, Causticum, Ignatia, Phosphorus ac. Caladium seguinum
- Antidote: Camphor
- Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing.
- Hershoff Asa (1999) Homeopathic Remedies: a quick and easy guide to common disorders and their homeopathic treatments Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth (1997) Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing.
- Boericke W (1997) Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies, B. Jain Publishers, India.