An Introduction to Complementary Medicine
- Author: Terry Robson
- Published: September 28, 2004
- Publisher: Allen & Unwin Academic
- Number of pages: 384 pages
- To Order: 
- Check out other books written by Naturopathic Doctors
- Check out other books written by NDs on naturopathic medicine
Providing a sound introduction to the range of treatments and philosophies within the field of complementary and alternative medicine, this book offers a systematic explanation of the philosophies and practices that underpin these medical practices. The rise in popularity of complementary medicine is examined along with challenges of developing a more integrated system of healthcare. Such questions as What is complementary medicine? What evidence is there to support its use? and What can orthodox medicine learn from holistic practice? are answered. Among topics discussed are herbal medicine, massage, aromatherapy, yoga, and ayurveda.
About the Author
Terry Robson is a naturopath and the former deputy editor of International Wellbeing magazine.