Gemmotherapy Salix alba (White willow)
Salix alba or White willow, is native to Europe, and is one of the largest and most familiar of 350 species of Willows worldwide. It can sometimes exceed twenty-five meters high. The trunk itself is four to five metres high. Its bark is dark grey and often cracks with age. This tree is well adapted to deep, cool, and wet as well as poor soil. It requires a lot of light and likes lower area of valleys. 
- Action related to the central nervous system
- Increases the RBC and potentiates the action of other antianemic remedies
- Sedative and balancing. Used for insomnia, hysteria, digestive problems from nervous origin, anxiety
- Nervous system: anguish, hysteria, insomnia, sedative, various neuro-sexual disorders
- Digestive system: dyspepsia, nervous gastritis, nervous digestive disorders, genital hypersensitivity
- Immune system: anemia
- Ledoux Frank and Gueniot Gerard (2012) Phytembryotherapy: The Embryo of Gemmotherapy, Editions Amyris, Spain.
- Dr. Reckeweg (2012) Product Catalog, Bio Lonreco. Quebec.