From Health Facts
Latest Edit: Hector 2014-03-24 (EDT)
|See Also||Lab Tests|
High levels (referred to as monocytosis) indicate:
- chronic inflammatory disorders
- recovery phase of infection
- viral infections such as infectious mononucleosis
- chronic ulcerative colitis
- liver dysfunction
- Parasitic Infections
- benign prostatic hypertrophy
Low levels (referred to as monocytopenia) indicate:
- drug therapy, such as prednisone
- Pagana Kathleen D, Pagana Timothy J (2006) Mosby's Manual of Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests, Mosby.
- Weatherby Dicken, Ferguson Scott (2002) Blood Chemistry and CBC Analysis: Clinical Laboratory Testing from a Functional Perspective, Bear Mountain.