This is a deep-acting remedy used in a wide variety of pathological conditions, from asthma, to ulcerative colitis, to leukemia.
- Mineral: Sulphate of sodium
- Other name: Glauber's salt
- Short Form: Nat-s
- Diarrhea in the morning after rising, sudden urging to stool, diarrhea with flatus, diarrhea from veggies, diarrhea of nursing infants with asthmatic mothers
- Hepatitis acute and chronic hepatitis; cholecystitis; in liver and gallbladder, disease often has the desire to lie on right side with legs curled up
- Asthma worse 4am, worse damp, worse exertion, asthma of children, asthma after grief
- Condylomata of the genital or perianal area, gonorrhea, suppressed gonorrhea
Other common conditions:
- Triggers: Anger, injury to the head [fall], suppressed gonorrhea
- General: Asthma, generally warm-blooded, diabetes mellitus, general aggravation from injury to head or spine
- Worse: Damp; weather; night air. Cellars. Lying on left. Injuries to head. Lifting. Touch. Pressure. Wind. Light. Music. Mellow light. Vegetables: fruits. Cold food and drinks. Lying long in one position. Spring. Warm wet weather.
- Better: Open air; warm dry air. Change of position. Breakfast. Lying on back. After dinner. Motion
- Psychological: Closed, serious and overly responsible, suicidal longings but restrains himself because of duties to his family, cheerful after stool, strong attachments
- Other symptoms: Violent, piercing pains, yellow, watery secretions, burning, pinching
- Food and drink: Thirst for something cold; desire for ice and ice-cold water. Desire for salty fish, yogurt, ice. Aversion to meat and bread. Beer is distasteful. Vertigo after dinner. Perspiration on face after eating
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms do not resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Aconite include:
- Hershoff Asa 1999 Homeopathic Remedies: a quick and easy guide to common disorders and their homeopathic treatments Avery Publishing Group, New York
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth 1997 Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing
- Boericke W. 1997 Pocket Manual of Hemoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies. B. Jain Publishers, India.