From Health Facts
Latest Edit: Iva 2012-08-04 (EDT)
- To arrest or reverse carcinogens prior to development of invasive cancer. 
- Prevent disease progression.
- Prevent second primary tumors from developing.
General Chemopreventative Agents
Anti-mutagenic and carcinogen-blocking agents
- Brenner DE (2007) Multi-agent chemoprevention: An Overview. 'Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol Education;Book pp:124 (2005) IN: RW. Cancer Biology 4th ed. Oxford University Press; pp:493.
- Lippman SM et al. Retioid chemoprevention studies in upper aerodigestive tract and lung carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 54:1976s, 1994 IN: Ruddon RW. Cancer Biology 4th ed. Oxford University Press 2007 pp 494.