Homeopathic Arsenicum album
|See Also||Homeopathic Monographs|
- Mineral: Arsenic
- Short Form: Ars alb; Ars
- Anxiety with anguish and fear of death, health, robbers, about family, closed spaces. Restlessness, nervous, dependent yet mistrusting, feels lonely and threatened, obessive tendencies with order and cleanliness.
- Diarrhea with burning in the anus or abdomen, much urging, but painless diarrhea. Foul watery stool with odorless gas. Stool of dark mucous. Often considered the remedy of choice for traveller's diarrhea.
- Asthma attacks associated with great anxiety. Asthma attacks are better if sitting upright or bent forward and with warm drinks or compresses.
- Food poisoning with anxiety and painless, foul watery diarrhea
- Fears with anxiety and often with loose stools.
- Emphysema when associated with great anxiety, shortness of breath, blue complexion, burning sensations yet chilly.
- Triggers: food poisoning, travelling, colds, bronchitis, etc. Allergy to dust, smoke, animals, etc.
- General: tremendous anxiety, restless, burning pains anywhere in the body
- Worse: midnight to 2:00 a.m., cold foods or drinks, when alone and with exertion
- Better: heat, warm drinks, company and being busy
- Psychological: anxious about health, hypochondriacal nature, fear of germs and contagion, irritable, despair of never recovering.
- Other symptoms: insomnia, <diarrhea> that accompanies other symptoms, nausea and vomiting after eating or drinking, chilly. Symptoms tend to recur regularly.
- Food and drink: desire to sip cold drinks frequently
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms do not resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Arsenic include:
- Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing.
- Hershoff Asa (2000) Homeopathic Remedies, A Quick and Easy Guide to Common Disorders and their Homeopathic Treatments, Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth (1997) Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family, Prima Publishing.
- Boericke W (1996) Pocket Manual of Hemoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies, B. Jain Publishers, India.