|See Also||Homeopathic Monographs|
- Plant: Lycopodium clavatum, also known as Club Moss
- Short Form: Lyc
Chronic and Constitutional Conditions
- Constipation with little desire or ineffectual urging and painful constriction of the anus. Small, hard stool, difficult to pass, followed by softer stool easier to pass. Rectal aching, fullness. Gas and bloating. Hungry but quickly full.
- Cirrhosis, chronic jaundice, hepatitis. Cutting pain from right to left. Liver and abdomen sensitive to touch, pressure. Sore liver on breathing. Pain in gall bladder and liver on rising in the morning. Hunger but easily full. Distension, rumbling and passing gas, colicky pain. Depressed.
- Renal Colic along right side. Pain before urination, better with the flow. Backache in the renal region. Urine slow in coming, but much urination at night. Kidney stones or gravel and their tendency. Heavy red sediment in urine. Gas, bloating.
- Low Self-Esteem, lacks courage, timid, fear of people. Inadequate, yet critical of others. Haughty and dictatorial to those below, fearful with those above. Likes company yet fears commitment. Dependent on others but dislikes demands on himself. Avoids responsibility but lives up to it if taken on. Weak memory or sense of failing mental strength. Sexual impotence. Intellectual, but physically weak.
Children and Adolescents 
- These children tend to have two sides to them, the first being anxious, insecure, and indecisive and the other being bossy and irritable, appearing tyrannical.
- Fears: strangers, failing, being in the doctor's office, being alone in the dark, ghosts, and monsters; all are better when an adult is around
- Dyslexia is common
- Stuffed Nose, especially obstructed at night. Worse with nursing, must stop to breath out of mouth. Flaring of the nostrils.
- Big appetite with poor weight gain.
- Constipation and gas.
- General: right-sided symptoms or moves right to left, stage fright, can't handle the pressure of clothing around the abdomen, chilly
- Worse: from 4:00-8:00 P.M., after eating, warmth
- Better: warm drinks
- Psychological: insecurity or lack of courage which the person tries to cover up by being arrogant, fearful inside but may seem bossy, desire to have someone in the next room
- Other symptoms: gas and bloating after eating even a small amount of food
- Food and drink: aggravated by cabbage, broccoli, beans; strong desire for sweets and warm drinks
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms do not resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Lycopodium include:
- Both the lower and the higher potencies are credited with excellent results.
- Complementary: Lycopodium acts with special benefit after Calcarea carbonica, Sulphur, Iodium, Graphites, Lachesis, Chelidonium
- Antidotes: Camphor, Pulsatilla, Causticum
- Compare: Carbo-Nirogenoid Constitution: Sulphur, Rhus toxicodendron, Urtica urens, Mercurius, Hepar sulphuris, Alumina, Antimonium crudum, Natrum muriaticum, Bryonia, Nux vomica, Bothrops (day-blindness, can scarcely see after sunrise, pain in right great toe), Plumbago littoralis - A Brazilian plant - (Costive with red urine, pain in kidneys and joints and body generally, milky saliva, ulcerated mouth), Hydrastis follows Lycopodium in indigestion.
- Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing.
- Hershoff Asa (1999) Homeopathic Remedies: a quick and easy guide to common disorders and their homeopathic treatments Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth (1997) Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing.
- Herscu Paul (1991) The Homeopathic Treatment of Children, Pediatric Constitutional Types, North Atlantic Books.
- Boericke W (1997) Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies, B. Jain Publishers, India.