|See Also||Homeopathic Monographs|
Homeopathic Sulphur is one of the most commonly prescribed remedies, especially to men. The scope of the remedy is vast and covers a wide range of symptoms on both the psychological and physically realm.
- Mineral: Sulphur sublimatum, also known as Sulphur (Brimstone)
- Short Form: Sulph
The following are the main indications for Sulphur., 
Chronic and Constitutional Conditions
- Skin Conditions:
- Acne and Rosacea on forehead, scalp, nose which is red. Oily face. Large pimples, close to the surface. Blackheads. Black pores on the chin, nose, lips. Painless but itchy pimples, seeping fluid after scratching.
- Boils and Abscesses in crops. Offensive, thin yellow pus, bloody, containing bubbles, crusting up. Burning sensation, itching, stinging. Ulcerations. Abscesses in skin, glands, internal organs, gums. Wounds easily infected. Recurrent or lingering abscesses. Sluggish healing, part remains sore.
- Eczema with moist, weeping eruptions, foul odour. Intensely itchy; scratches until it bleeds, causing burning. Skin bleeds easily. Dry, scaly, cracked, unhealthy skin.
- Diarrhea with urgent diarrhea at 5 A.M. Weak bowels and anal sphincter. Constant urging, colic. Itching, burning, crawling, raw anus. Prolapse. Changeable, undigested, mushy, frothy stool. Offensive stool, like that of rotten eggs. Bad body odor. Hot with diarrhea. Emptiness, sudden hunger at 10:00-11:00 A.M. Hemorrhoids
- Sulphur children are extroverted and curious. They tend to be leaders, are independent, and perhaps haughty. Occasionally they become hyperactive and break rules. Activities are done with exuberance and tireless fun. They can also become lazy and procrastinate. They fear heights.
- Recurring diseases or diseases that never completely go away.
- Sleep on their left side, uncover, and awaken often. Crave sweets, spicy foods, and fat, avoids eggs and sour foods, very thirsty for ice-cold drinks. Very warm blooded, especially the head and feet. Poor hygiene, messy. Aversion to and aggravated from bathing, aggravation from warmth.
- Diarrhea, offensive, especially in the early morning
- Skin Conditions with itchy, red eruptions with a burning sensation
- Chickenpox with itching vesicles, burning, or bleeding after scratching, form thick yellow crusts. Red lips and ears. Lethargic, hungry, cranky.
Other common conditions: Allergies, Drug detox, Metal detox (general), Hemorrhoids, Measles (prevention and after exposure), Menopause, Milk Intolerance
- Triggers: suppressed eruptions or discharges
- General: symptoms that are intense, often burning and hot, always dissatisfied, selfish
- Worse: heat, 10:00-11:00 A.M., aversion to and aggravation from bathing, winter, standing
- Better: cold or cool air
- Psychological: can vary immensely but the behaviour is typically extreme, either lazy, messy and indifferent to appearance or thinking all the time/philosophical and egotistical, extroverted, ambitious, critical, fears of heights even for others, over-intellectual, dreamers
- Other symptoms: headaches, belching with bad taste in the mouth, excessive sweating with offensive smell (like rotten eggs), feet hot at night, thick busy eyebrows, great sensitivity to odors,
- Food and drink: desire for sweets, spicy foods, fatty foods, and alcohol; aversion to eggs and squash, great thirst for ice cold drinks
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms do not resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Sulphur include:
- Complementary Aloe, Psorinum, Aconite, Pyrarara (a fish caught in the Amazon, clinically used for various skin affections).
- Compare: Aconite (Sulphur often follows in acute diseases), Mercurius and Calcerea carb are frequently used after Sulphur, not before Lycopodium, Sepia, Sarsaparilla, Pulsatilla, Sulphur hydrogenisatum (delerium, mania, asphyxia), Sulphur terebinthinatum (chronic rheumatic arthritis, chorea), Tannic acid (nasal hemorrhage, elongated uvula, gargle, constipation), Magnes. artiflcialis (great hunger in evening, profuse sweat on face, bruised pain in joints, rectal constriction after stool), Magnetis polus Articus (anxious, coldness of eyes as if a piece of ice lay in orbit, increased flow of saliva, constipation, sopor, trembling, abdominal flatulence), Magnetis polu Australis (dryness of lids, easy discolouration of ankle, ingrowing toe-nails, aching in patella, shooting in soles), Agraphis (compare in adenoids)
- ↑ Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing.
- ↑ Hershoff Asa (1999) Homeopathic Remedies: a quick and easy guide to common disorders and their homeopathic treatments Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- ↑ Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth (1997) Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing.
- ↑ Herscu Paul, 1991, The Homeopathic Treatment of Children, Pediatric Constitutional Types, North Atlantic Books
- ↑ Boericke W (1997) Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies, B. Jain Publishers, India.