Male Hormone Saliva Test
|See Also||Lab Tests|
Saliva testing of hormones in men is an beneficial way of assessing the impact of hormone changes relating to concerns with energy, vitality, sexual performance and mental capacity.
- Testosterone, the most common male hormone, reaches its adult level around puberty. Drops in the level of testosterone and male hormones result in changes in energy level, vitality, sexual performance and mental capacity.
- Drops in male hormones may also contribute to diseases such as BPH, osteoporosis and
A Male Hormone Saliva test will include all or some of the following hormones:
- Luteinizing hormone (LH)
Testing of male hormones may be beneficial in the following situations:
- Baseline hormone testing
- Diagnosing andropause and hypogonadism
- Therapeutic monitoring of HRT
- hair thinning
- decreased sex drive
- improving body fat and lean-muscle mass
- high cholesterol
- Note: Unmonitored male HRT may account for increased incidence of prostatic complications, liver cancer and accelerated atherosclerosis.