The Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND) has been the national voice of the Canadian naturopathic profession since 1955. 
The CAND is instrumental in positioning naturopathic medicine at the forefront of Canadian health care. It promotes naturopathic medicine to the public, corporations, insurance companies and the federal government. It also facilitates communication within the profession and represents the interests of licensed naturopathic doctors throughout Canada.
The CAND is a not-for-profit professional association. Its membership consists of naturopathic doctors, naturopathic medical students, suppliers of natural health products for professional use, and supporting members. The CAND works collaboratively with all the provincial naturopathic associations in Canada. The CAND oversees the administration of the CNF.
The vision of the CAND is to be a strong voice in Canadian healthcare and to ensure the optimal health of Canadians through the active promotion of the art and science of naturopathic medicine and the advancement of its practice.
- Promote and develop the science, art, philosophy and practice of naturopathic medicine.
- Provide an online database of recognized naturopathic doctors in Canada 
- Educate the general public concerning the benefits to be derived from naturopathic medicine and publish and disseminate information to this end. Visit the website www.exploreyourhealth.ca 
- Unite, for their mutual interest, naturopathic doctors in Canada and promote scientific interest and investigation in the field of naturopathic medicine.
- Foster and encourage professional, educational and social activities among the members of the Association.
- Encourage the standardization of educational requirements for practitioners of all healing arts and support the highest standards of professional training, competency and qualifications for naturopathic doctors.
- Acquire and hold assets for the benefit of the membership and promote the mission of the Association.
- Carry out the above activities at the national level and assist or collaborate with constituent associations in matters of mutual interest.