From Health Facts
Latest Edit: Iva 2012-05-11 (EDT)
Chlorine is one of many toxic environmental chemicals. Chlorine is a highly toxic, yellow-green gas that is commonly used as a chemical agent.
- household cleansers
- air when living near an industry that uses chlorine in industrial processes.
Impact on Health
- sore throat
- eye and skin irritation
- rapid breathing
- asthma including narrowing of the bronchi and wheezing
- blue colouring of the skin
- accumulation of fluid in the lungs
- pain in the lung region
- severe eye and skin burns