Complete Athlete, The: Integrating Fitness, Nutrition and Natural Health
- Author: John Winterdyk & Karen Jensen
- Published: June 1998
- Publisher: Alive Books
- Number of pages: 250 pages
- To Order: 
Mark Allen The Complete Athlete...answered questions I didn't even know I had!
From the Back Cover
The concept of an integrated approach to fitness, nutrition and natural health is not new, but having the material gathered together in a single book is. The Complete Athlete will encourage you to attain optimum performance by developing more than just sport-specific skills... a lot more. For author John Winterdyk and Karen Jensen, The Complete Athlete is the ideal synthesis of diet, physical training, self-knowledge, mental disciple and sheer love of exercise.
Presented in lively and readable form, The Complete Athlete bridge the gulf between natural health and cross-training. Whether you are a recreational or an elite athlete, you will find all the information you will need to attain optimum performance, including:
- Developing a personalized training program based on your own abilities and goal
- Perfecting swimming, running and cycling techniques
- Preparing nutritious, energy boosting meals and snacks
- Preventing and treating injuries with herbs, homeopathy and other natural methods
- Reducing mental and physical stress, overcoming self-doubt and staying motivated
About the Author
John Winterdyk PhD and Karen Jensen ND are living proof that an integrated approach to health and fitness works. A university professor and semi-retired athlete, John has competed successfully on the international circuit. He is a former Canadian Ironman winner and World Masters Triathlon silver medallist. Karen is a certified naturopathic doctor and competitive athlete who has used her training to overcome a near-debilitating back injuring, and now treats others. Together they will inspire you and challenge you to be a complete athlete.