From Health Facts
Latest Edit: Iva 2012-08-04 (EDT)
Dioxin is one of many toxic environmental chemicals. It is a chemical compounds formed as a result of combustion processes such as commercial or municipal wast incineration and from burning fuels (like wood, coal or oil).
- released into the air after the incineration of PVC
- manufacturing of pesticides and herbicides
- created during the bleaching of pulp and paper.
- commercial animal fats
Impact on Health
- blocks testosterone in men
- interferes with thyroid function
- endometriosis and reproductive abnormalities
- promotes cancer
- damage to the thymus gland and immune system
- skin discolouration
- can cause severe acne
- excessive body hair
- mild liver damage.