|See Also||Homeopathic Monographs|
- Plant: Sasparilla/Smilax officinalis, also known as Sarsaparilla
- Short Form: Sars
- Bladder Infections with burning at the end of urination - cries out. Pain in the tip of the urethra or internally. Pain in urethra radiates up into abdomen. Urging before urinating. Hard to urinate unless standing. Urine dribbles while sitting. Scant, slimy or bloody urine; red sediment. Flows easily at night with possible bedwetting.
- General: Urinary tract conditions
- Worse: getting cold and wet, night, yawning, motion
- Better: standing, uncovering the neck and chest
- Psychological: depression and anxiety with pain
- Other symptoms: cracks of the hands and soles of the fee
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms due to resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Sarsaparilla include:
- Complementary: Mercurius, Sepia
- Compare: Berberis vulgaris, Lycopodium, Natrum muriaticum, Petroleum, Sassafras, Saururus - Lizard's Tail - (Irritation of kidneys, bladder, prostate, and urinary passages. Painful and difficult micturition, cystitis with strangury.), Cucurbita citrellus - Watermelon - (Infusion of the seed acts promptly in painful urination with constriction and backache, relieves pain and stimulates flow.)
- Antidote: Belladonna
- Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing
- Hershoff Asa (1999) Homeopathic Remedies: a quick and easy guide to common disorders and their homeopathic treatments Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth (1997) Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing.
- Boericke W (1997) Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies, B. Jain Publishers, India.