|See Also||Homeopathic Monographs|
- Plant: Nicotiana tabacum, also known as Tobacco
- Short Form: Tab
- Nausea which is extreme and where a person feels deathly ill. May or may not be associated with vomiting. Headache because of nausea. Cold, clammy sweats, tremor, paleness. Sinking, faint sensation in the pit of the stomach. Hawking and spitting.
- Motion Sickness or sea sickness. Constant nausea, vomiting with least motion. Much salivation and spitting. Dizziness, headache. Extremely pale, cold sweat. Faint, sinking feeling at pit of stomach. Sudden anxiety, better weeping. Despondent.
- Triggers: tobacco, travel, seasickness, motion sickness, pregnancy, chemotherapy, medications
- General: cold, clammy, pale
- Worse: heat, opening the eyes
- Better: fresh air, uncovering the abdomen</u>
- Psychological: wretched feeling
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms do not resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Tabacum include:
- Compare: Hydrobromic acid, Camphor, Veratrum album, Arsenicum album, Nicotinum (Alternate tonic and clonic spasms, followed by general relaxation and trembling, nausea, cold sweat and speedy collapse, head drawn back, contraction of eyelids and masseter muscles, muscles of neck and back rigid, hissing respiration from spasm of laryngeal and bronchial muscles)
- Antidote: Vinegar, sour apples. Camphor in the physiological antagonist. Arsenicum album (chewing tobacco), Ignatia (smoking), Sepia (neuralgia and dyspepsia), Lycopodium (impotency), Nux vomica (bad taste due to tobacco), Calad. and Plantag. (cause aversion to tobacco), Phosphorus (tobacco heart, sexual weakness)
- Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing.
- Hershoff Asa (1999) Homeopathic Remedies: a quick and easy guide to common disorders and their homeopathic treatments Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth (1997) Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing.
- Boericke W (1997) Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies. B. Jain Publishers, India.