From Health Facts
ND Health Facts is designed to support the practice of naturopathic doctors and to show-case the breadth and depth of naturopathic medicine.
It contains the following:
- Detailed information on naturopathic medicine, its history, philosophy, principles and theories. As well, and overview of naturopathic therapies including Botanical Medicine, Clinical Nutrition, Homeopathic Medicine, Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture, Hydrotherapy, Physical Medicine, Lifestyle Counselling, Intravenous Therapies, etc.
- An overview of naturopathic research,, current research projects and initiatives.
- Listing and overview of all accredited naturopathic schools in North America, their programs, teaching clinic and research facilities.
- and listing of upcoming conferences.
- Listing of all national, provincial and state naturopathic associations.
- Listing of all naturopathic-affiliated associations and reference sites.
- The most comprehensive listing of books written by naturopathic doctors.
- Over 3,000 articles written by naturopathic doctors in peer-reviewed and other professional journals.
- Over 400 monographs including botanicals, homeopathic remedies, as well as vitamins, minerals, amino acids and Food and food supplements.
- An overview of key laboratory tests, especially those that are commonly prescribed by naturopathic doctors.
- Detailed articles on the factors that influence health and that contribute to disease, including topics such as posture, breathing, movement, water, nutrition etc.
- Detailed monographs on a number of key.
The aim of NDHealthFacts is to provide individuals with an understanding of the naturopathic approach to healthcare and to provide current medical information that will assist in health promotion, disease prevention and in understanding their treatment options for a vast array of concerns.
Contributions to NDHealthFacts
Unlike many wiki-based websites, only Naturopathic Doctors that are recognized by their national associations (CAND) in Canada and (AANP) in the United States may be granted access to add information to NDHealthFacts. To request an access account please contact the Managing Editor, Hector D'Souza at [email protected]