|See Also||Homeopathic Monographs|
- Plant: Ledum palustre, also known as Labrador Tea
- Short Form: Led
- Bites, stings and wounds with swelling and inflammation. Bruising at site of puncture wounds and bites.
- Bruises that are purple and puffy and feel cold to touch, though better from cold. Bloodshot or black eyes. Large bruise or hematoma, as in fractures. Injured areas become weak, numb, cold. Discolouration remains long after pain or inflammation.
Chronic and Constitutional Conditions
- Arthritis, Rheumatism that travels upwards, joint to joint. Small joints, elbows, hips, knees, ankles, feet, heels. Upper left and lower right. Bony nodules, cracking. Pain and stiffness, swollen, pale joints. Injured area feels cold and is better cold applications. Rheumatism is worse from being over-heated.
Other common conditions: Knee conditions, Wrist conditions, Gout
- Triggers: injuries
- General: injured area feels cold
- Worse: warmth, moving joints
- Better: cold, putting feet in cold water
- Psychological: dissatisfied, bad mood
- Other symptoms: sore heels and soles of feet, swelling of ankle and ball of the big toe
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms do not resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Ledum include:
- Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing.
- Hershoff Asa (1999) Homeopathic Remedies: a quick and easy guide to common disorders and their homeopathic treatments Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth (1997) Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing.
- Boericke W (1997) Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies, B. Jain Publishers, India.