Homeopathic Magnesium phosphorica
|See Also||Homeopathic Monographs|
Magnesium phosphorica is a classic remedy for neuralgia and muscle cramps. It is known as the great anti-spasmotic remedy.
- Mineral: Magnesium phosphoricum, also known as Magnesium Phosphate (a combination of Magnesium and Phosphorus)
- Other Names: Magnesium phosphoricum
- Short Form: Mag-p; Mag-phos
- Abdominal Cramps lessened with warm application and pressure. Tendency to belch but does not relieve. Bloating with desire to loosen clothing around the waist.
- Muscle Cramps with radiating pains that are better warm. Cramps in calves. Twitching. Writers' and players' cramp. Tetanic spasms. General muscular weakness.
- Neuralgia with pain relieved by warmth and pressure. Involuntary shaking of hands.
Children and Adolescents
- Colic with watery diarrhea, tendency to belch but does not relieve. Gassy; relieved by bending forward, drawing legs up, rubbing, warmth, and pressure.
- Teething better with hot liquids
Other common conditions: Dysmenorrhea, Writer's cramp, Migraines, Sciatica, toothache
- General: exhausted
- Worse: cold, drafts, night, milk
- Better: warm applications and hot bath, doubling up, rubbing, pressure
- Psychological: complains about symptoms
- Other symptoms: neuralgia symptoms
- Food and drink:
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms do not resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Magnesium phosphorica include:
- Sometimes the highest potencies are preferable. Acts especially well given in hot water.
- Compare: Kali phosphorica, Colocynthis, Silica, Zincum, Dioscorea
- Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing.
- Hershoff Asa (1999) Homeopathic Remedies: a quick and easy guide to common disorders and their homeopathic treatments Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth (1997) Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing.
- Boericke W (1997) Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies, B. Jain Publishers, India.