Latest Edit: Hector
Age, Race, and Diabetes: The Role of Advanced Glycation End Products and Therapeutic Strategies , IHP ; Feb/Mar 2012|
Statin Prescription for Patients with Diabetes , IHP ; 2011 November|
Statin Use Increases the Risk of Diabetes Mellitus in Postmenopausal Women, NMJ, , 2012 June|
Cardiac and Diabetic Biomarkers , NMJ, ; 2012 Summer|
Diabetes is a very common group of metabolic disorders that are associated with high blood sugar, either due to lack of insulin being produced by the pancreas or due to insulin resistance which refers to the cells of the body not responding appropriately to insulin.
Types of Diabetes
- Type I Diabetes which is a rare form of diabetes that typically occurs early in life.
- Type 1.5, known as Latent Auto-Immune Diabetes of the Adult (LADA)
- Type II Diabetes which is the most common form of diabetes.
- Gestational Diabetes is high blood sugar that develops at any time during pregnancy in a woman who is does not normally have diabetes.
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Mature Onset Diabetes of Youth
- Neonatal Diabetes