Homeopathic Antimonium tartaricum
|See Also||Homeopathic Monographs|
- Mineral: Tartrate of Antimony and Potash
- Short Form: Ant tart; Ant-t
- Bronchitis: especially in infants and the elderly with great congestion and mucous that is difficult to expectorate
- Emphysema: especially with copious rattling mucous, but little expectoration, shortness of breath and rapid breathing with weak pulse. Coughing may end in vomiting with waves of nausea. Signs of cynanosis
- Cough: chest feels full, may vomit from the cough, little expectoration
- Chickenpox: associated with painful vesicles, eruptions that leave a bluish-red mark or tendency to pock marks, red and burning erupitoins with pus that crust over.
- Vaccination Detox: especially if cough, bronchitis, diarrhea or rash develops after vaccination. Often used if Thuja fails or Silica is not indicated.
Other common conditions: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Congestive Heart Failure|Congestive heart failure]], Cyanosis, Impetigo, Pertussis, Respiratory Infections, Sepsis.
- Triggers: respiratory infection, chronic respiratory conditions
- General: Rattling of copius mucous that is difficult to bring up, full feeling in the chest
- Worse: warm room, being wrapped up, warm drinks, milk, anger, lying down, over eating
- Better: sitting up, motion, belching, vomiting, cold open air.
- Psychological: likes to be left alone, dislikes being looked at, irritable, bad mood
- Other symptoms: white coated tongue, shortness of breath, rapid and short breathing, children may bend backwards while coughing, nausea and vomiting typically in waves, frequent yawning. Skin may have bluish eruptions or sores that crust over and leave a bluish-red mark. Drowsy.
- Food and drink: desire for apples and other fruit, desire for sour or acid things
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms do not resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Aconite include:
- Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing.
- Hershoff Asa (2000) Homeopathic Remedies, A Quick and Easy Guide to Common Disorders and their Homeopathic Treatments, Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth (1997) Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing
- Boericke W (1996) Pocket Manual of Hemoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies. B. Jain Publishers, India.