|See Also||Homeopathic Monographs|
Hypericum is used for injuries, especially to the nerves and spine.
- Plant: Hypericum perforatum, also known as St. John's Wort
- Short Form: Hyper
- Injury and wounds specifically to the nerves or nerve-rich tissue. Blows or injuries to the head, spine, tailbone, tips of fingers or toes. Puncture wounds, splinters, nails, stabs, bites. Palms or soles, fingertips. Severe pain that is shooting upward, numbness, tingling, crawling or burning. Wounds excessively painful, tender. Shuddering, jerking or spasms after wound.
- Neuralgia after injury, wounds, cuts, surgery, dental work. Sharp, shooting pains, trembling, twitching, crawling, numbness, burning.
Other common conditions: Burns, Wrist Conditions, Concussion, Tetanus prevention
- Triggers: after injury or wounds]].
- General: sharp, shooting pain
- Worse: jarring of the affected area
- Better: rubbing the injured area
- Psychological: confused; forgets what he or she wanted to say; dull and forgetful after injury
- Other symptoms: head injury and concussion, especially if the spinal nerves are also involved; herniated disk
- Food and drink: desire for wine, pickles, and cold drinks
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms do not resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Hypericum include:
- Compare: Ledum (puncture wounds and animal bites), Arnica, Staphysagria, Calendula, Ruta, Coffea
- Antidotes: Arsenicum album, Chamomilla
- Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing
- Hershoff Asa (1999) Homeopathic Remedies: a quick and easy guide to common disorders and their homeopathic treatments Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth (1997) Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing
- Boericke W (1997) Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies, B. Jain Publishers, India.