|See Also||Homeopathic Monographs|
- Plant: Matricaria chamomilla, also known as German Chamomile
- Short Form: Cham
- Colic with cutting pains with flatus, diarrhea; undigested grassy or yellow-green stool, smells like bad eggs. Hot and thirsty, hot sweats, one cheek red. Terrible temper, demanding, fretful, moaning, screams and arches back. Refuses what is asked for. Sleepless with pain. Wants to be carried. Worse touch or being spoken to, worse if breastfeeding mother drinks coffee.
- Teething with intense pain. Swollen, inflamed, tender gums. Face flushed on one side, hot head. Hot, sticky sweats. Painful colic, grass green diarrhea. Irritable, whining, angry tantrums; wants things then refuses them. Very sensitive to pain. least touch, or wrong word. Wants to be carried.
- Ear Infections (Otitis media) that is very acute with stitching pain. Hot red ears or one cheek red, the other pale. Earache with teething. Very irritable, cranky, tantrums.
- Fever which is intense with long-lasting heat, followed by sweats. One cheek red, one pale. Sweats on covered parts. Hot, sweaty face, head. One part hot, the other cold. Thirsty. Alternate chills and heat. Irritable, demanding, capricious.
- Insomnia from pain, drugs, teething, anger, colic, menstrual cramps. Moaning, weeping, wailing in sleep. Talking in sleep. Sleepless until 2 a.m. Drowsy by day, sleepless at night.
- Triggers: painful situations
- General: demands to be carried or rocked, great pain with irritability, impatience, and restlessness, inconsolable child, refuses what is asked for, cannot bear to be touched or examined
- Worse: anger, teething, cold wind, night, 9:00P.M.
- Better: being carried
- Psychological: screaming, crying, extremely fussy. Mental calmness is a contraindication for Chamomillia.
- Other symptoms: cannot stand to listen to music
- Food and drink: desire for cold drinks, aversion to warm drinks
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms do not resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Chamomilla include:
- Compare: Cypripedium pubescens, Anthemis, Aconite, Pulsatilla, Coffea, Belladonna (follows belladonna in diseases of children and abuse of opium), Staphysagria, Ignatia, Rubus villosus (diarrhea of infancy; stools watery and clay coloured)
- Antidotes: Camphor, Nux vomica, Pulsatilla
- Complementary: Belladonna, Magnesium carbonicum
- Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing.
- Hershoff Asa (2000) Homeopathic Remedies, A Quick and Easy Guide to Common Disorders and their Homeopathic Treatments, Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth (1997) Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing.
- Boericke W (1996) Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies, B. Jain Publishers, India.