From Health Facts
- Plant: Thuja occidentalis, also known as White Cedar
- Short Form: Thuj
The following are the main indications for Thuja.
Chronic and Constitutional Conditions
- Warts or a tendency towards warts, growths, benign tumours etc. Treats many types but mainly cauliflower, moist, large, broad, and rapidly growing, with stalks (fig warts). Stinging pains, better before menses. Cracked, oozing warts, smell like old cheese or fish, crops of warts. Treats warts on the face, lips, nose, feet, neck, but especially targeted for the genitals and anus (men and women).
- Vaccination Detox with illness commencing with vaccination or generally unwell since then. Conditions include: restlessness, insomnia, loss of speech, migraine, diarrhea, conjunctivitis, asthma, brain damage, neuralgia, atrophy of arm, ulcers on tongue, coughs, ear infections with discharge, warts. In children, they cannot stop crying. They feel frail, unloveable, and ugly with self-contempt.
- Triggers: vaccination
- General: chilly, left-sided
- Worse: at night, from heat of the bed, 3 A.M. and 3 P.M., from cold, damp air, after breakfast, fat, coffee, vaccination
- Better: during a cold, while drawing up a limb
- Psychological: fixed ideas or delusions, low self-esteem, emotional sensitiveness, secretive, feels unattractive, music causes weeping and trembling
- Other symptoms: perspiration is oily and sweet-smelling or offensive
- Food and drink: Craving or adversion to onions and garlic
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms do not resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Aconite include:
- Compare: Hydrogenoid constitution (Calcarea carbonica, Silica, Natrum sulphur, Aranea, Apis mellifica, Pulsatilla), Cupressus australis (sharp, prickling pain, general feeling of warmth, rheumatism and gonorrhea), Cupressus Lawsoniana (acts like Thuja, terrible pain in the stomach), Sphingurus (falling out of hair from beard, pain in jaw-joint and zygoma), Silica, Maland. (vaccination), Medorrhinum (suppressed gonorrhea), Mercurius, Cinnab, Terebinth, Juniperus, Sabin, Cantharis, Canab, Nit. ac., Pulsatilla, Antimonium tartaricum, (Arborin is a non-alcoholic preparation of Thuja).
- Antidotes: Mercurius, Camphor, Sabin (warts)
- Complementary: Sabina, Arsenicum album, Natrum sulphur, Silica
- ↑ Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing.
- ↑ Hershoff Asa (1999) Homeopathic Remedies, A Quick and Easy Guide to Common Disorders and their Homeopathic Treatments Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- ↑ Boericke W (1997) Pocket Manual of Hemoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies, B. Jain Publishers, India.