Homeopathic Calcarea carbonica
|See Also||Homeopathic Monographs|
Calcarea carbonica is one of the most ubiquitous materials in life processes, and hence is one of the main polycrest remedies prescribed. Calc carb is indicated in almost every variety of disease, from common colds to all forms of catastrophic illness - cancer, heart failure, neurological disease, mental illness.
- Mineral: Calcarea carbonica, also known as Calcium Carbonate
- Other Names: Calcarea ostrearum
- Short Form: Calc
- Fractures and weakness especially of wrists, ankles and knees. Typically low potencies are used.
- Ear Infection with throbbing, burning, stitches extended into the throat. Aches when blowing the nose, coughing. Pressing out feeling. Foul, pus-filled discharge. Various noises, crackling, worse swallowing, chewing. Hearing loss. Enlarged glands.
- PMS with chills and easy sweating, clammy feet. Uterine pain, burning in the vagina, milky vaginal discharge. Sore breasts. Keeps very busy, irritable, increased sexual desire. Menstrual low back pain, migraines, palpitations or disturbing dreams.
- Vaginitis with profuse milky or white-yellow discharge. Starts and stops. Itching and burning. Irritable and weak during vaginitis. Menses too early, profuse.
Chronic or Constitutional Conditions
- Arthritis and rheumatism from recurrent strains, wear and tear, old injuries. Stiffness, weak or lame joints, contractions. Painful nodes in joints. Weak, no stamina; flabby muscles and lax ligaments. Pains worse cold or dampness, and worse motion.
- Problems with calcium metabolism
- Thyroid Disorders including low thyroid, thyroid nodules
- Obesity with general constitution being flabby, sluggish, and overweight. Tendency to obesity in the young.
Children and Adolescents
- Developmental delay on a physical or mental level. Often indicated for children that appear obstinate or guarded and apprehensive or that have a large, sweaty head
- Constipation with large, hard stools, children tend to not mind being constipated
- Tendency to be overweight, obstinate and to sweat easily.
- Triggers: cold or damp weather, increase responsibility at a young age, overwork
- General: large head, flabby, tendency to be overweight, obstinate and stubborn, practical, chilly, sweat easily especially head and feet
- Worse: cold, damp weather, mental and physical exertion, climbing stairs or walking uphill
- Better: dry climate and weather, lying on painful side
- Psychological: independent, apprehensive, overly responsible, especially for family, fears include flying, heights, mice, fear of insanity, worries about their responsibilities, safety, security and home, anxious about health when it affects their ability to carry out their responsibilities,
- Other symptoms: weak knees, tendency to cramping in the foot, thigh or calf, sour taste in the mouth, sour perspiration, low thyroid, tendency to constipation and generally feels better when constipated, glandular swellings, discharges are profuse and sour
- Food and drink: desire for eggs especially in children, milk, sweets, and salt
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms do not resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Calcarea carbonica include:
- Should not be repeated too frequently in the elderly.
- Antidotes: Camphora officinalis, Ipecac, Nitricum acidum, Nux vomica
- Complementary: Belladonna, Rhus toxicodendron, Lycopodium, Silica
- Incompatible: Bryonia, Sulphur should not be given after Calc.
- Compare: Lycopodium, Silica, Pulsatilla, Chamomilla
- Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing
- Hershoff Asa (2000) Homeopathic Remedies, A Quick and Easy Guide to Common Disorders and their Homeopathic Treatments, Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth (1997) Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing.
- Herscu Paul (1993) The Homeopathic Treatment of Children, Pediatric Constitutional Types, North Atlantic Books.
- Boericke W (1996) Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies, B. Jain Publishers, India.