Homeopathic Hepar sulphuris
|See Also||Homeopathic Monographs|
The symptoms that coenside with Hepar sulphuris include a sense of vulnerability on all levels - mental, emotional and physical. There seems to a over-reaction to pain and other complaints and in response a pulling away from external or outward activities as means of increasing a person's sense of being safe.
- Mineral: Hepar sulphuricum, also known as Calcium Sulphate
- Other Names: Hepar sulphuricum; Hepar sulphuris calcareum
- Short Form: Hep
- Sore Throat with sharp, splinter-like pains, like a fish bone in the throat. Sensitive to touch. Stitching pain into ear on swallowing. Hawks up lumps of foul mucous. Hearing is blocked, speech affected. Solids difficult to swallow, liquids OK.
- Ear Infections (Otitis media) which is very painful, ears sensitive to wind or open air
- Abscess, causes abscess to come to a head and break. Hard, hot, throbbing skin. Sharp splinter-like pain. Very tender to touch, sensitive. Bleed easily. Every wound infects. Profuse, thick, acrid pus. Cheesy or sour odour. Gums, tonsils, breasts, lungs, sinus, rectum, lymph glands. Boils in crops.
- Herpes, Herpes zoster, genital herpes, cold sores. Extremely tender. Stinging pain. Groups of white vesicles with red base. Inflamed, infected, with pustules. Itching, bleeding, weeping sores, coalesce together.
Children and Adolescents
- Croup with hollow cough. Loose, rattling; tenacious mucous with choking, gagging, wheezing. Profuse sour sweats, weakness. Chilly. Anxiety on lying.
Other common conditions: Breast Inflammation, Pharyngitis, Cough, Drug detox, Heavy metal detox (mercury), Punctures, Bites
- Triggers: cold, dry wind; slight drafts, cool air
- General: oversensitive and sensitive to all external stimuli including weather, noise, light, chemicals and especially cold and annoyed easily, hypersensitive to pain, splinter-like pains, tendency to form pus, extreme chilliness, offesive odour, discharges or body parts smell sour or like old cheese, cold
- Worse: drafts, uncovering the body, touch, lying on the painful side
- Better: heat, covering up
- Psychological: irritable, complains constantly, sense of not being safe or secure, anxious
- Other symptoms: swelling and induration of glands, cold extremities
- Food and drink: desire for vinegar
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on homeopathic principles and after a detailed case taking. The prescription recommendations below are provided only as a guide. It is always recommended to consult with a naturopathic doctor or homeopathic practitioner prior to taking any homeopathic remedies, especially if your health is compromised or if your symptoms due to resolve in a timely fashion. The general recommendations for Hepar sulphuris include:
- The higher potencies may abort suppuration, the lower promote it.
- Antidotes: Belladonna, Chamomilla, Silica
- Compare: Aconite, Spongia, Staphysagria, Silica, Sulphur, Calcarea sulphurica, Myristica
- Hepar antidotes bad effects of mercury, iodine, potash, cod-liver oil. Removes the weakening effects of ether.
- Morrison Roger (1993) Desktop Guide, to Keynote and Confirmatory Symptoms Hahnmann Clinic Publishing.
- Hershoff Asa (1999) Homeopathic Remedies: a quick and easy guide to common disorders and their homeopathic treatments Avery Publishing Group, New York.
- Ullman Robert, Reichenberg-Ullman Judyth (1997) Homeopathic Self-Care, the quick and easy guide for the whole family. Prima Publishing.
- Boericke W (1997) Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory, a Chapter on Rare and Uncommon Remedies, B. Jain Publishers, India.